Cheery Cherry Bread
These loaves are especially pretty at Christmastime, when I make enough to share with friends and neighbors. Everyone raves about the flavor.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Fold in cherries. Spoon into three greased 7-1/2x3-3/4x2-1/4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bread tests done.
Originally published as Cheery Cherry Bread in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.