Cheddar Zucchini Saute
“I got this recipe from my sister-in-law and we just love it," says Greta Igl in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. "It tastes wonderful, comes together in minutes and is a great way to use up all our garden zucchini.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small skillet, saute the zucchini, onion, basil and garlic powder in butter for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato and cheese. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.