Cheddar Zucchini Medley
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion, peppers and garlic in oil until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; mix well. Sprinkle with cheeses. Remove from the heat.
- Let stand for 2-3 minutes or until cheese begins to melt.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 135 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Feb 17, 2012
I have made this a half dozen times now and have tried it with a couple of zucchini and a couple of yellow squash together and added sliced mushrooms to the pan. I prefer olive oil over canola and I used a full cup of the mozzarella rather than the 1/2 c because I make this as a main dish. This is so easy to do, all in one pan and cheese melts just fine on top of the hot veggies.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.