Cheddar Vegetable Soup
After one taste, this cozy soup from Lisa Welch of Germantown, Tennessee is bound to become a family favorite. It's a snap to stir up with leftover Cheddar Cheese Sauce and frozen vegetables.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower, broccoli and carrot blend
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring broth, frozen vegetables, celery and onion to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cheese sauce, salt and Italian seasoning. Cook on low heat until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Originally published as Cheddar Vegetable Soup in Quick Cooking January/February 2002