- 4 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, mustard, thyme and pepper. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Toss with turkey, vegetables and cheese sauce.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCheddar Turkey Casserole
"Needs a bit more spices as the sauce is pretty bland. Accidentally added stuffing mix to be used in another recipe, but it turned out very good! So this actually fixed the blandness... Will def make again with the stuffing mix added in. Did not top with almonds, used cheese instead."
"It is bland."
"My mom and I made it after Thanksgiving with our leftover turkey because we were tired of making sandwiches and eating it plain. We only got to the sauce before we knew we were in love! We didn't have and thyme but it still tasted great without it. We substituted almonds for the leftover pecans my mom uses to make pies. Everything was great and we will definitely be making this again!!"
"My husband and I thought this tasted a little bland. Nothing a little extra black pepper on the top couldn't fix. Next time, I'll add a little extra seasoning while cooking. Otherwise, I thought this was a very easy and complete meal. It was perfect for my three kids. I actually used chicken but can't wait to use it with left-over Thanksgiving turkey."
"Great recipe, just needs a little extra moisture. I would suggest doubling the sauce."
"I liked this, my husband did not. I made it with chicken (what I had on hand) and it was a little bland. I added some kosher salt to my helping which made it tastier. I'll make it again.....but when my hubby is working out of town!"
"My husband was a fan. I cut the recipe in half since it is just two of us. And still had some left. It was great!"
"so simple and tasty"
"needs more spice"