Cheddar-Topped Mashed Potatoes
These smooth and creamy mashed potatoes say "cimfort food." The cheese adds color and flavor.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-12 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes; mash with milk, sour cream, butter, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 2-cup baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 243 calories, 11g fat (8g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Cheesey Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes in Reminisce Extra September 2010