Cheddar-Topped English Muffin Bread Recipe
Slices of this firm bread have the great English muffin texture your family is sure to love. A sprinkling of shredded cheddar cheese give a pretty golden-brown color to the top of the loaves. —Anne Smithson of Cary, North Carolina
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups warm fat-free milk (120° to 130°)
- 1/2 cup warm water (120* to 130*)
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. Coat two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans with cooking spray; sprinkle with cornmeal and set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine 3 cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt and baking soda. Add milk and water; beat until smooth. Stir in remaining flour (dough will be sticky). Transfer to prepared pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- 2. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice: 112 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Cheddar-Topped English Muffin Bread
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2012
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC