- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Gently stir in the Tater Tots. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and potato chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forCheddar Taters
"Excellent! I used nonfat Half & Half instead of evaporated milk, Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, and pepper jack cheese (I'm allergic to Annatto, the dye used in yellow cheeses). Everyone loved it and I plan to add it to the menu for an upcoming bridal shower. Thank you for sharing this recipe!"
"I made this with light sour cream and skim evaporated milk and it was really good!"
"Oh so delicious! easy to prepare too. I tweaked this dish to make it a little healthier - I used low fat evap milk, and omitted the sour cream and butter, without anyone noticing. I also added a can of mushroom pieces, and used crushed cornflakes instead of chips. The verdict? Well, the recipe states it is to serve 8 - 10 but our family of 4 polished off the whole dish in one sitting! The crunchy cheese topping makes a lovely contrast to the savory filling."
"These were sooo good! Of course not the healthiest recipe, but I knew that going in. . . and oh, were my taste buds rewarded! Didn't do the chips on top but still excellent."