Cheddar Skillet Corn Bread
—Terri Adrian, Lake City, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes1 loaf (12 wedges)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Place butter into a deep 10-in. ovenproof skillet. Place in a 400° oven for 4-6 minutes or until melted.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the corn bread mix, eggs, milk and yogurt until blended. Stir in corn and cheese. Pour into hot skillet.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into wedges.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and honey. Serve with warm corn bread.
Originally published as Cheddar Corn Bread in Taste of Home Recipe Card Collection Winter 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.