Cheddar Rice Casserole Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 290 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 588mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Cheddar Rice Casserole
"I have made this recipe for years and it is always a hit! I make this for my SIL at Christmas every year. A keeper recipe!"