Cheddar Potato Wedges
"My aunt served this when we stopped in on short notice," recalls Kathy Troyer from Gladys, Virginia. The microwave hurries along preparation of these easy cheesy potatoes. "Our four children enjoy this quick snack, especially with ketchup," she notes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 medium potatoes, cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the garlic salt, seasoned salt and paprika. Add potatoes; seal bag and toss to coat. Transfer potatoes to an ungreased microwave-safe dish. Dot with butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes. Turn potatoes; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until tender. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts6 piece: 234 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat.
Originally published as Cheesy Microwfries in Quick Cooking May/June 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.