- 3 large potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, arrange potatoes in a single layer. Pour milk over potatoes. Dot with butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCheddar Potato Strips
"Love these potatoes. Used seasoned salt and they were great. Will make again. Very easy to put together."
"Perfect potatoes to make with roast!"
"I really like how easy this dish is to prepare.Family loves it.I sometimes serve with a dot of sour cream on top."
"I've been making these potatoes for several years, and they've been a hit with my family from the beginning. My meat-and-potatoes husband loves them, especially when I add some browned bacon bits to the potatoes. I also use seasoned salt instead of regular salt, to add a little punch of spice. Although these potatoes take a bit longer to prepare than french fries, they sure do taste better than frozen fries!"