Cheddar Parmesan Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 cups sliced cooked peeled potatoes (about 5 medium)
- 1/4 cup buttered bread crumbs
- In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Add the salt, cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese; stir until cheese is melted. Add potatoes; stir gently to mix.
- Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 4, 2014
Really liked them. A good potluck dish
Apr 30, 2013
These were a little too bland for my liking. I am trying to make them again though and adding either some onions or garlic for more flavor.
Feb 6, 2013
i over cooked the potatoes but it did not really matter they still turned out awesome my family loved them and were super easy to make
Apr 8, 2012
Although I cooked the potatoes to long, so it made them a little tough to work with, the flavors were great! Definitly making this again!
Oct 5, 2011
Excellent ... I added a little cayenne pepper to kick it up a bit.
Dec 23, 2010
This one's definitely a keeper! It has become a Christmas Eve tradition in our home. Even my picky little son asks for seconds!
May 27, 2010
What a treat! Very good. I overcooked my potatoes though which, after baking, were a bit too soft. Next time I will just parboil until just barely tender. Other than that this recipe is delish!!!!!!!!
Jan 15, 2010
I made this last night and will make it many more times. It was absolutely delicious! Would not change a thing!
Mar 1, 2009
Very good! We are cheese lovers so I did add extra of both cheeses. Definitely will make again.