Cheddar & Onion Beef Sliders
My girlfriend and I threw an outdoor party for a bunch of friends and these sliders were a hit. We also like to make them for a quick, easy meal. —Kirk Brooks, Tucson, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hours Cook: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning, divided
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 slices cheddar cheese, quartered
- 8 dinner rolls, split
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and 1/4 teaspoon steak seasoning; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until onion is softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 40-45 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook 10-12 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated.
- In a bowl, combine beef and remaining steak seasoning, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook burgers over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°; top with cheese during the last 1-2 minutes of cooking. Serve on rolls; top with onion.
Nutrition Facts1 slider: 320 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 499mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as fresh burger sliders with red wine onions in Taste of Home December 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.