Cheddar Olive Loaf
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
Makes1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices)
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, well drained and sliced
- In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust, color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the olives.
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 124 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
May 24, 2016
Great bread; family loved it! I was surprised that a recipe with no oil or eggs would work in the bread machine but it did. By accident, I added the sliced olives before turning the bread machine on. No problem and I think the olive taste was stronger although they got minced into smaller pieces. I also used honey instead of sugar. All in all, a great bread and I WILL make it again!
Sep 24, 2011
Delicious!Just the right amount of cheesy goodness (I used a white, extra-sharp cheddar, as it is always found in my 'fridge), combined with the light flavor of green olives in a perfectly-textured bread.This bread is great both warm (out of the machine) and room temperature.I'll be making this bread again and again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.