Cheddar Mushroom Macaroni
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (7 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 garlic clove, minced, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Stir in macaroni and garlic if desired.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 527 calories, 40g fat (16g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 850mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 25, 2012
Barbara..this is the BEST. I cut it out of a magazine submitted by you years ago. I have made it for every party I throw here...LOVE IT.. My family and friends can't get enough of it. I do add extra mushrooms 3 cans. So happy you shared this. Oh and it is good cold too!
May 11, 2012
This wasn't bad, but it wasn't great, either. I prefer a macaroni and cheese with smooth cheese, and this isn't one of those recipes. The mushrooms were a nice touch, though.
Dec 28, 2010
This is the best Macaroni and Cheese dish I have ever tasted. I did lighten it a little with no fat mayonaise and reduced fat cheese. And I added a little bread crumbs to it. Everyone that I've made this for loves it!