Cheddar Mushroom Macaroni
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (7 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 garlic clove, minced, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Stir in macaroni and garlic if desired.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 527 calories, 40g fat (16g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 850mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Nov 25, 2012
Barbara..this is the BEST. I cut it out of a magazine submitted by you years ago. I have made it for every party I throw here...LOVE IT.. My family and friends can't get enough of it. I do add extra mushrooms 3 cans. So happy you shared this. Oh and it is good cold too!
May 11, 2012
This wasn't bad, but it wasn't great, either. I prefer a macaroni and cheese with smooth cheese, and this isn't one of those recipes. The mushrooms were a nice touch, though.
Dec 28, 2010
This is the best Macaroni and Cheese dish I have ever tasted. I did lighten it a little with no fat mayonaise and reduced fat cheese. And I added a little bread crumbs to it. Everyone that I've made this for loves it!