Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon minced chives, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash. Add sour cream, butter, salt and pepper; beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese, bacon and chives if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 224 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 395mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 30, 2019
I made one fourth recipe, which made two perfect sized servings, I loved this recipe because it went together in a flash and had less cheese, butter and sour cream than many other au gratin type recipes but was just as flavorful and delicious. I just flipped to the page with the recipe in my cookbook binder and decided to make whatever appeared and was delighted with this surprise.