Cheddar Herb Snacks
"These quick herbed rolls really hit the spot when you're looking for a savory snack," promises Peggy Burdick of Burlington, Michigan.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 6 to 8 hot dog buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Spread over the bottom half of each bun. Top with remaining bun half.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each bun into 1-in. pieces.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 122 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cheddar Herb Snacks in Taste of Home December/January 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.