Cheddar Herb Bread Recipe
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, sliced
- 1. In a mixing bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat until smooth. Spread on both sides of each slice of bread; reassemble the loaf. Wrap in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18 in.); seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until heated through, turning once. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Editor's Note: Bread may also be heated in a 375° oven for 15-20 minutes.
1 slice: 205 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 365mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Cheddar Herb Bread
"Made this for Father's Day and it was a great hit! Will definitely make again for ANY meal special or not!"