Cheddar Herb Bread
"This crunchy, delicious bread is a hit with my husband and children," writes Ann Jacobsen of Oakland, Michigan. "It's a fun accompaniment to any meal you make on the grill—the garlic flavor really comes through."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, sliced
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat until smooth. Spread on both sides of each slice of bread; reassemble the loaf. Wrap in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28x18 in.); seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until heated through, turning once.
Editor's Note: Bread may also be heated in a 375° oven for 15-20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 205 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 365mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Cheddar Herb Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.