My hash brown bake is so popular at family events that I always make an extra. If you're serving it at brunch, add diced ham for an added boost of protein.—Jann Willard, West Salem, Wisconsin
Recommended: 21 Dishes with an Egg on Top
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, onion and garlic salt. Stir in potatoes and cheddar cheese. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Hash Brown Casserole in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p101
Reviews forCheddar Hash Brown Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2014
"Excellent recipe. It was a big hit at Easter dinner. I liked it because it doesn't contain butter. I used red onion and sharp cheddar cheese. I added pepper.Everyone commented that it had the "perfect" amount of cheese. I even added a bit more cheddar & Parmesan after it came out of the oven."