Cheddar Garlic Biscuits
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450°. Combine biscuit mix, cheese and onion in a large bowl. Stir in milk until a soft dough forms; stir 30 seconds.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Combine butter and garlic powder; brush over biscuits. Serve warm. Freeze option: Freeze cooled biscuits in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, heat in a preheated 350° oven 15-20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 113 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 20, 2016
I found this recipe a long time ago & they have become a favorite for my family.
Jan 7, 2016
This has become the family's favorite side with any soup or chowder. It is fast and easy and delicious!
Jan 2, 2015
I had to make these gluten free so they came out a little denser and a little dryer, but the taste was fantastic!
Dec 11, 2012
This is a staple recipe for us now, everyone loves them! I shake a few real bacon bits in for a special flavor!
Oct 27, 2012
So easy, quick and delicious...my family loved them. Looking forward to having big bowl of chili and making these biscuits again.
Apr 19, 2012
These didn't turn out well for me. Not sure if I will try again. They seemed rather dry.
Feb 10, 2011
Delicious and easy. So fast! These were fluffy and the oozing cheese looked enticing. Great with Creamy Vegetable Chowder.
Jan 30, 2011
Absolutely delicious! These are almost as good as the Cheddar Garlic Biscuits at Red Lobster.
Jan 26, 2011
This is a quick and easy biscuit recipe. I used to buy the cheese biscuit mix from the store to keep on hand but these are just about as quick and just as good. I'm glad I found this recipe and my family loves them with a good dinner. The only additional I made was a bit more cheese and a tad more garlic. Other than that it's a GREAT make!
Nov 9, 2010
I've made these many times. They're quick to make and taste terrific!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.