Cheddar Dill Muffins
Meet the Cook: Unlike many other baked goods, these muffins aren't sweet...that's one of the reasons I like this recipe. I serve them with soups and stews, just like bread. Cooking for family and friends is something I truly enjoy doing - it relaxes me. My husband and I have two children - a daughter, 4, and a son, 2. -Bernadette Colvin, Houston, Texas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Makesabout 9 jumbo muffins or 12 standard-size muffins
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-3/4 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine milk, eggs and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups almost full. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 246 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 521mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Cheddar Dill Muffins in Country Woman May/June 1995