- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine buttermilk and egg substitute; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Stir in cheese.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forCheddar Dill Biscuits
"I make these once or twice a month. My family loves these biscuits with soup or stew. Very hearty and comforting!"