Cheddar-Curry Cheese Straws with Fresh Chives Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, curry powder and salt; cut in the butter until crumbly. Add the cheeses and chives. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- 2. Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface; roll each portion into a 16-in. x 5-in. rectangle. Cut into 5-in. x 1/4-in. strips. Gently place strips 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 10-1/2 dozen.
To Make Ahead: Package baked cheese straws in an airtight container, separating layers with waxed paper and freeze for up to 1 month. Reheat at 350° for 5 minutes before serving.