- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) cornbread/muffin mix
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the cornbread mix, eggs, milk and yogurt until blended. Stir in corn and cheese. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into squares. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCheddar Cornbread
"This recipe was way too much for us so I halved it. And a big thank you to the reviewer who also halved it. That is one example of how reviews help. I followed her instructions in halving it. I added the whole can of cream style corn but omitted the milk. I used sour cream instead of yogurt. Even though it was in an 8x8-inch pan, I still had to cook it almost 25 minutes.This is a good basic recipe. Next time I would add green chilies or jalapenos. Lots of possibilities. I recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor"
"Moist and delicious!"
"I didnt care for this recipe. My only change was making a copycat version of the amout called for of the jiffy mix. The mix seemed fine. I decided to make muffins. The tops over browned and separated from the muffins. The inside was still partially uncooked after this happened. I put them back in the oven. The salvageable muffins were okay, just a tad too oily and I found the corn pieces a little chewy. I prefer non fussy, non messy recipes."
"I wanted to halve the recipe but still use the whole can of creamed corn so I eliminated the milk. I also substituted sour cream for the yogurt, then baked it in 8x8 dish. It turned out so moist and delicious! This went right into my Recipe Box! (I think I'll plan on making corn bread more often!) Thanks for sharing a great recipe!"
"Wonderful flavor, definitely need the entire baking time."
"This recipe is so simple, but so delicious. I made a simple change, using vanilla yogurt instead of plain. Everyone raves about my cornbread! Great with chili!"