- 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, mustard and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add corn, cheese and eggs; stir just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times. Pat or roll dough to 1-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; brush with milk. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 biscuits.
Reviews forCheddar Corn Biscuits
"Loved them!!!! Followed the recipes exactly.... adding it to the recipe book..... thanks for sharing!!"
"We all loved these biscuits. Made them exactly as stated and they were a perfect addition to our meal. I will freeze a batch to have these wonderful biscuits on hand and ready to bake."