- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan, bring milk to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in potato flakes. Let stand for 2 minutes. Whip with a fork until smooth; cool slightly. beat in egg, oil and cheese. Combine remaining ingredients; stir in potato mixture just until moistened (batter will be thick). Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forCheddar Chive Muffins
"They were good, but not wow!"
"Absolutely delicious! I served them alongside a pork roast last weekend, and we all gobbled them up. Then my daughter asked me to bake another dozen for her to take to her play rehearsal. The only trouble is that the chives in my garden are all done now and I can't grow them indoors (not enough natural light), so I'll have to buy fresh chives if I want to make these during the fall and winter. I used extra-sharp cheddar cheese, by the way."
"These muffins were delicious! I followed the recipe exactly this time, but next time I may try to use less sugar and add sharp cheddar cheese. A wonderful way to use the chives growing in my herb garden. Thanks!"