- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups peeled cubed potatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For crust, in a small bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut butter in flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add the water, mixing gently with a fork. Gather into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 30 minutes.
- For filling, Place broth in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add vegetables. Reduce heat; simmer 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk; stir into broth mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly. Stir in cheese, chicken, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Heat until cheese melts. Spoon into a 10-in. (2-1/2 to 3-qt.) casserole. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll crust to fit top of casserole, trimming edges as necessary. Place on casserole over filling; seal edges. Make several slits in center of crust for steam to escape.
- Bake at 425° for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cheddar Chicken Potpie
"Absolutely Delicious!!! It was full of flavor. The entire family loved this."
"Awesome way to use leftover roasted chicken. I had already had the vegetables from the roast. Everyone liked it! I made it for my family who helped me get ready for Christmas this year."
"Easy to make, husband and kids enjoyed. Made the recipe just as written above."
"Delicious! Didn't change a thing, and it was great!"