Cheddar Chicken Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 3 whole eggs
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups cheese, broccoli, chicken and onion; spread into a greased 10-in. pie plate. In a small bowl, beat the milk, eggs, biscuit mix, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour over broccoli mixture (do not stir).
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 418 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 205mg cholesterol, 924mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
May 10, 2014
This was more like a chicken egg bake. Very plain even though I seasoned the chicken, sauteed the onions and used a few varieties of cheeses. Extremely disappointing. Will not make again.
Feb 7, 2013
Was a little skeptical to try this but it turned out amazing! Was super easy to make and was hit with my husband! :)
Feb 11, 2012
To be honest, I thought this one would bomb with my family (lots of broccoli and onion). However, they all cleared their plates and kept proclaiming how good it was. It was a quick and easy recipe, which I liked. The only substitution I made was using a garlic sea salt blend (from Costco) for the amount of salt. Very good and very easy!!!