Cheddar Chicken Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 3 whole Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups cheese, broccoli, chicken and onion; spread into a greased 10-in. pie plate. In a small bowl, beat the milk, eggs, biscuit mix, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour over broccoli mixture (do not stir).
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 418 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 205mg cholesterol, 924mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
May 10, 2014
This was more like a chicken egg bake. Very plain even though I seasoned the chicken, sauteed the onions and used a few varieties of cheeses. Extremely disappointing. Will not make again.
Feb 7, 2013
Was a little skeptical to try this but it turned out amazing! Was super easy to make and was hit with my husband! :)
Feb 11, 2012
To be honest, I thought this one would bomb with my family (lots of broccoli and onion). However, they all cleared their plates and kept proclaiming how good it was. It was a quick and easy recipe, which I liked. The only substitution I made was using a garlic sea salt blend (from Costco) for the amount of salt. Very good and very easy!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.