If you "carrot" all about serving up a good time for your guests, plant this playful appetizer on your party menu. I make this for parties, and it catches everyone's eye.—Pam Goodlet, Washington Island, Wisconsin
Recommended: 47 Meals Your Toddler Will Devour
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Fresh parsley springs
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and cheddar cheese for 1 minute. Add the carrot, peanuts, onion and dill; mix well.
- On a serving platter, shape mixture into an 8-in. log, tapering one end to form a carrot shape. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until serving.
- Place parsley at wide end for carrot top. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Cheddar Cheese Carrot in Country Woman September/October 2001, p36
Reviews forCheddar Cheese Carrot
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2012
"i made this for work a few years ago, and people are still asking for the recipe!! very good!!"