This cheesy cauliflower side dish had long been a family favorite. It always makes a pretty presentation on our holiday table.—Karen Jean Johann, Kewaskum, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the cauliflower and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4-1/2 minutes; stir. Cook 4-6 minutes longer or until tender. Drain.
- Combine sour cream, chives, salt and pepper; spoon over the cauliflower. Sprinkle with cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes or until cheese is melted.