This cheesy cauliflower side dish had long been a family favorite. It always makes a pretty presentation on our holiday table.—Karen Jean Johann, Kewaskum, Wisconsin
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the cauliflower and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 6 minutes; stir. Cook 6-8 minutes longer or until tender. Drain. Combine sour cream, chives, salt and pepper; spoon over the cauliflower. Sprinkle with cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Cauliflower in Country Woman January/February 2001, p35
Reviews forCheddar Cauliflower
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2010
"We all liked it."