Cheddar Casserole Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the milk, mayonnaise and egg. Stir into dry just until moistened. Fold in cheese and onions. Spoon into a greased 9-in. round baking pan.
- Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 377 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 505mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Oct 28, 2015
We found this to be bland and thought it tasted very similar to a bisquick mix. Probably won't make again.
Sep 16, 2013
this is so good yummy yummy yummy it went perfectly well
Dec 15, 2009
My children loved it. It reminded me of a biscuit mix. I didn't have green onions to put in and no cheddar. I substituted velvetta for the cheddar.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.