Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cayenne. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the cheese and toss. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll to 1 in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 biscuits.
1 each: 261 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 530mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits
"These were very easy. I didn't have any cayenne pepper, but they were delicious without it. A big hit in our house."
"Very easy and delicious! Of course this is from a brickbat maker."
"These biscuits are flavorful and surprisingly light. I served them with garlic butter, and that was the final touch - oh, so good!!Tamara Chronister, Montrose, CO."