Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 24 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place bread slices on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spread over toasted bread. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2 slice: 115 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 5, 2014
Love this recipe--I have made it several tiimes--it's an easy favorite!
Apr 14, 2014
Very good. I made them on the grill.
Sep 17, 2013
I have made this many times for family and friends, and it always receives rave reviews. Definitely a family favorite!
May 9, 2011
This is delicious! Very different from traditional bruschetta, but everyone who tried it loved it.
Jul 19, 2009
Eveyone who tries this loves it. It's so yummy.
Nov 14, 2008
This was awesome! Our french bread went stale so we bought a loaf of frozen garlic bread, as it was late and they don't make fresh bread until the morning. We let the bread thaw out and cut it and did the rest. Turned out delicious!
Sep 8, 2008
I have been asked for this recipe countless times!!! it is a big hit at the office & at any other gathering that i attend. just wonderful :)