Cheddar Broccoli Quiche
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli and cheese soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1. Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake on a lower oven rack 10-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove foil and weights; bake 3-6 minutes longer or until bottom is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Reduce oven setting to 350°. Sprinkle pastry shell with 1/2 cup cheese. In a large bowl, combine eggs, soup and milk. Pour into crust. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked quiche. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 350°. Place quiche on a baking sheet; cover edge loosely with foil. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted in the center to come out clean.
1 piece: 238 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 182mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Apr 24, 2017
Delicious! I served this with maple sausage and lemon poppy seed muffins.
Mar 4, 2016
I had to cook this for more than double (almost triple) the time specified in the recipe, and it still came out watery and undercooked. I followed the instructions exactly.
Dec 31, 1969
I make this at least once a month. GOOD!
Dec 31, 1969
I made this on July 12,2008 for my family and friends and they loved it. This is a keeper for sure.