I've added my own twists to this casserole over the years, such as using sharp cheddar cheese, cheese crackers and Parmesan. My family and friends can't seem to get enough of it! —James G. Pellerin, Bradenton, Florida
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3-1/2 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 bunches broccoli, cut into florets (about 9 cups)
- 2 cups Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed cheese crackers
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, combine 3 cups cream, butter and seasonings; bring to a boil. Mix cornstarch and remaining cream until smooth; gradually stir into cream mixture. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Stir in broccoli.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake, covered, 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until broccoli is tender and topping is lightly browned.