- 3-1/2 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 bunches broccoli, cut into florets (about 9 cups)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed cheese crackers
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, combine 3 cups cream, butter and seasonings; bring to a boil. Mix cornstarch and remaining cream until smooth; gradually stir into cream mixture. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Stir in broccoli.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake, covered, 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until broccoli is tender and topping is lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCheddar-Broccoli Casserole
"fantastic family loved it especially the cheez-it cracker topping and loaded with flavor will make again"