Cheddar-Biscuit Peach Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 pounds fresh peaches, peeled and sliced or 8 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- CHEDDAR BISCUITS:
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, lemon juice and extract. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt; sprinkle over peaches. Dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and cheese. Combine milk and butter; stir into biscuit mixture just until blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto hot peach mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 325 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 453mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Aug 27, 2010
Sounds great, I will try these soon. But in reference to the last comment, you're suppost to thaw the peaches first.
Sep 5, 2008
I used frozen sliced peaches and followed the directions above. But, next time I'll sprinkle the lemon juice and extract directly to the greased baking dish since the juice/extract mixture immediately froze to the frozen fruit.Good results.