Cheddar-Biscuit Peach Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 pounds fresh peaches, peeled and sliced or 8 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- CHEDDAR BISCUITS:
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, lemon juice and extract. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt; sprinkle over peaches. Dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and cheese. Combine milk and butter; stir into biscuit mixture just until blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto hot peach mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 325 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 453mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 27, 2010
Sounds great, I will try these soon. But in reference to the last comment, you're suppost to thaw the peaches first.
Sep 5, 2008
I used frozen sliced peaches and followed the directions above. But, next time I'll sprinkle the lemon juice and extract directly to the greased baking dish since the juice/extract mixture immediately froze to the frozen fruit.Good results.