Cheddar Bean Burritos
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Additional pico de gallo and sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; saute chipotle pepper, garlic and seasonings 2 minutes. Stir in beans and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until flavors are blended, 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Coarsely mash bean mixture; stir in pico de gallo. Spoon onto tortillas; top with cheese and sour cream and roll up. If desired, serve with additional pico de gallo and sour cream.
Freeze option: Cool filling before making burritos. Individually wrap burritos in paper towels and foil; freeze in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, remove foil; place a paper towel-wrapped burrito on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high until heated through, 4-6 minutes, turning once. Let stand 2 minutes.
1 burrito: 410 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 726mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 8g fiber), 16g protein.
Jan 16, 2018
Because husband doesn't like sour cream, I left it out, but I did serve it on the side for me. I prefer it that way anyway. Taco Bell serves stuffed grilled burritos and that is what I did with these. I used my panini press to grill each burritos. Yum.
Nov 9, 2017
The flavor balance is great. Completely satisfying. I serve the sour cream on the side, because I prefer it as a cold contrast.
May 6, 2017
This is a dish great for making when I have my friend over who doesn't eat meat. Packed with flavor and i load mine with cheese and sour cream.
Apr 23, 2017
Delicious! Easy to make and great flavor. Freezes well too! Wonderful dish for a meatless dinner!