Cheddar Basil Cauliflower
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups small fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 tablespoon white wine or water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until cauliflower is tender, stirring once. Transfer to a small serving bowl; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 128 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Apr 18, 2015
Delicious side dish! I used the white wine and the dried basil with an orange cauliflower. I would make this recipe again.
Feb 19, 2015
I didn't care for this. I did end up adding more water because the cauliflower was beginning to scotch. I did not use wine or fresh basil so that May have been a factor.
Mar 10, 2008
This is the best way to eat fresh cauliflower! It was so yummy! This dish was finished before the main dishes at dinner tonight.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.