This recipe is really great for both late-night snacks at home and appetizers at parties. I sometimes use thinly sliced English muffin bread in place of English muffins.
Recommended: 4 Father's Day Menus That Are Way Better Than a Tie
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Salad Supreme Seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 English muffins, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread about 3 tablespoons on each English muffin half.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each into 4 wedges. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Originally published as Cheddar Bacon Wedges in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p34