Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) taco sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Tortilla or nacho tortilla chips
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Spread in an ungreased 13x9-in. dish or on a 12-in. plate. Combine onions, tomatoes and green pepper; sprinkle over the cream cheese layer.
- Pour taco sauce over the vegetables. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Refrigerate. Just before serving, sprinkle with bacon. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 277 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 590mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 3, 2017
We lived this dip! We will be making it again soon for football viewing parties! Very hearty and satisfying . Great with veggie chips too!
Jul 24, 2016
I love this dip! It is a hit with men as well as women which is not always true of cream cheese based dips. Also the absence of lettuce means leftovers keep well for at least 2 days. I use Peach Mango Salsa in place of the tomatoes, green pepper and taco sauce. It works great and is much easier. Half a recipe is enough for 6-10 appetizer servings when served with multigrain Scoops taco chips.
Jan 18, 2016
I made this for a holiday party and was asked for the recipe several times. I added black olives to the vegetable layer too.
Oct 4, 2015
A 5 star.......Thumbs up recipe!
Oct 4, 2015
i make something called the taco salad dip... really good! I take the dip to partys and I come home with an empty bowl! no leftovers... but did make 2 - 1 for the party and 1 for me~!
Nov 20, 2014
This dip has become a favorite both at home and the office. This dip trumps taco dip, any day of the week. Co-workers request I prepare this for any and every event that we have. Very easy to make and real bacon is absolutely a must! :-)
Sep 1, 2014
I made this dip for my husband's birthday party and everyone loved it. Had lots of requests for the recipe. Thanks for sharing.
Jun 30, 2014
Easy and very good. Made half recipe to fill a square baking dish. Everyone loved it.
May 25, 2014
pmedema..didn't try this one yet but i make the pizza one....i do it in 2 smaller containers...usually keeps for a few days in the fridge...you can also share with a neighbor or family member....lol
May 24, 2014
Looks great, but how does it hold up if you refrigerate leftovers? Now that it's just the 2 of us, I like things that will hold over.