Cheddar Artichoke Quiche Cups
Santa himself couldn't resist sampling these savory bites chockfull of artichokes, onions and cheese. They're at the top of my family's list for every holiday gathering. And whether I serve them hot or cold, there are never any left!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounce) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Drain artichokes, reserving half of the marinade. Chop artichokes; set aside. In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in reserved marinade until tender; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, mustard, oregano, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Stir in the cheese, parsley, reserved artichokes and onion mixture.
- Fill miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 325° for 15-17 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 66 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cheddar Artichoke Quiche Cups in Country Woman Christmas 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.