Cheddar & Onion Beef Sliders Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning, divided
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 slices cheddar cheese, quartered
- 8 dinner rolls, split
- 1. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and 1/4 teaspoon steak seasoning; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until onion is softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 40-45 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook 10-12 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated.
- 2. In a bowl, combine beef and remaining steak seasoning, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- 3. In a large nonstick skillet, cook burgers over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°; top with cheese during the last 1-2 minutes of cooking. Serve on rolls; top with onion. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slider: 320 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 499mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Cheddar & Onion Beef Sliders
"The onion topping made up for the lack of flavor in these burgers. Do not omit the onions unless you change the recipe for the burger."