My girlfriend and I threw an outdoor party for a bunch of friends and these sliders were a hit. We also like to make them for a quick, easy meal. —Kirk Brooks, Tucson, Arizona
Featured In: 20 Slider Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning, divided
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 slices cheddar cheese, quartered
- 8 dinner rolls, split
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and 1/4 teaspoon steak seasoning; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until onion is softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 40-45 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook 10-12 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated.
- In a bowl, combine beef and remaining steak seasoning, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook burgers over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°; top with cheese during the last 1-2 minutes of cooking. Serve on rolls; top with onion. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar & Onion Beef Sliders in Taste of Home December 2013
Reviews forCheddar & Onion Beef Sliders
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2016
"The onion topping made up for the lack of flavor in these burgers. Do not omit the onions unless you change the recipe for the burger."