- 3 medium Gala or Fuji apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sweet red wine or grape juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Matzo crackers, optional
- In a large bowl, toss apples and walnuts with wine. Mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apple mixture and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour before serving. If desired, serve with matzo crackers. Yield: 6 servings.
"I prepared Charoset for a light lunch with Pea and Pepper salad on page 50.It was delicious. I made it with sliced peaches. Thanks, Gloria, for sharing this recipe."