Chard is a leafy veggie often used in Mediterranean cooking. I dress it with orange juice and bacon, and the family gobbles it up. —Teri Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound thick-sliced peppered bacon strips
- 2 pounds rainbow Swiss chard, chopped
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain on paper towels. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of drippings. Cut bacon into small pieces.
- Add chard to drippings; cook and stir just until wilted, 5-6 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; cook 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top with bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chard with Bacon-Citrus Sauce in Taste of Home December 2016