VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 32 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine first seven ingredients; pour into a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork; turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Transfer pork and marinade to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, 5-6 hours on low or until tender. Remove; when cool enough to handle, shred meat using two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices; stir in chicken broth. Return pork to slow cooker and heat through. Serve pork in lettuce leaf and garnish with desired toppings. Yield: 32 servings.
Originally published as Char Siu Pork Lettuce Cups in Slow Cooker Meals Bookazine 2018